- BHC Makalapa
- BHC Kaneohe Bay*
Each location provides optometric services (both routine and acute care) to Active Duty Personnel.
We are currently accepting dependents for acute/urgent optometry services only
or if referred by your Primary Care Manager (PCM)
No referrals are necessary for routine care or any services for Active Duty Personnel.
*BHC Kaneohe Bay services and hours of operation are changing for the month of February 2022.
- Examinations for eye glasses
- Comprehensive eye health assessment
- Management of eye diseases and injuries
Contact Lens Services:
- Contact lens assessment only. Must have a prior Rx and/or contact lens foils.
- Contact lens Rx will be released upon evaluation; lenses cannot be purchased at the clinic.
- No new contact lens fits at this time.
- 0700-1600 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- 0700-1100 Thursday
- For acute care, contact Optometry directly: (808) 473-1880 ext. 9-2347/8-2349
- Call 1-888-683-2778 to make an appointment
- Please bring your ID Card and most current glasses when reporting for an appointment
- Patients reporting more than 15 minutes after their scheduled appointment time may be asked to re-schedule.
- Glasses are generally available within 2-4 weeks after placing an order
Active Duty patients are eligibile for:
- One frame of choice, clear lenses only
- One standard issue frame, clear lens
- One standard issue frame, tinted
- Gas mask and ballistic inserts, as required
Aviation personnel are eligible for:
- Two flight frames, clear
- Two flight frames, tinted
- One frame of choice, clear
Active duty may order military spectacles at the clinic during working hours.